Request A Free Quote
Fill out the form and one of our business experts will be in touch.
or call now 1-888-411-6073.
In addition to the terms and conditions in Your Agreement, available at https://primus.ca/business/en/terms-of-use/, the following terms and conditions apply to Your VoIP Service(s) (Hosted PBX, TalkBroadband, and SIP Trunking). In the event of a conflict between these terms and the Agreement, the terms in the VoIP Schedule available at https://primus.ca/business/en/voip-schedule/ will take precedence:
- Hosted PBX Lines. You may reduce the number of lines for your Hosted PBX Service by no more than 5% throughout each Term of this Agreement without any change in fees or charges. However, Primus may increase Your fees or levy a charge should You reduce Your lines by more than 5% during the Term of this Agreement.
- Not a Telephone Service. You acknowledge and understand that VoIP Services (Hosted PBX, TalkBroadband, and SIP Trunking) are not telephone services. The Service connects to the Internet or a dedicated connection, which is different from a traditional telephone line. There are IMPORTANT DIFFERENCES between telephone service and VoIP Services (Hosted PBX, TalkBroadband, and SIP Trunking) as set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- Limitations. 9-1-1 service associated with Your VoIP Services (Hosted PBX or TalkBroadband or SIP Trunking) has certain limitations compared with traditional 9-1-1 service, which are as follows:
- If You dial 9-1-1, You will be automatically routed to a specialized call centre that handles emergency calls. The call centre is different from the Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) that would answer a traditional emergency call. You may be required to provide Your name, telephone number and address to the call centre operator.
- You agree to notify Primus immediately should You INTEND to change Your use of Your Service, including without limitation, should You move the location or municipal address from which You use Your Service, by logging onto the administration portal for Your Service or by telephone at 1-888-222-8577 to ensure You maintain 9-1-1 service.
- You understand and acknowledge that a) should You change Your use of Your Service without first notifying Primus and/or b) should You choose to operate Your service outside of Your municipal address as registered with Primus either temporarily or permanently, 9-1-1 service will not operate properly and Your ability to access 9-1-1 service will be adversely affected.
- YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT PRIMUS, ITS AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND UNDERLYING CARRIERS, WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INJURY, DEATH OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY, ARISING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY OUT OF, OR RELATING TO THE 9-1-1 SERVICE AND YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS PRIMUS, ITS AFFILIATES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND UNDERLYING CARRIERS FOR ANY LIABILITIES, CLAIMS, DAMAGES, LOSSES AND EXPENSES, (INCLUDING REASONABLE LEGAL FEES AND EXPENSES) WHICH YOU MAY SUFFER OR INCUR, ARISING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE 9-1-1 SERVICE PROVIDED OVER THE HOSTED PBX, TALKBROADBAND AND/OR SIP TRUNKING SERVICES.
- Service Outages. You acknowledge and understand that during Internet or dedicated connection service outages for any reason whatsoever, Your Service INCLUDING 9-1-1 SERVICE, will not work.
- Loss of Service Due to Power Failure. You acknowledge and understand in the event of a power failure, Your Service, INCLUDING 9-1-1 SERVICE will not work. If there is an interruption in the power supply, 9-1-1 SERVICE, will not function until power is restored. A power failure or disruption may require You to re-set or reconfigure Equipment prior to using the Service.
- Service Outage Due to Suspension of Your Account. You acknowledge and understand that service outages due to suspension of Your account as a result of billing issues will prevent Your Service, INCLUDING 9-1-1 SERVICE, from functioning.
- Operator Services Currently Not Available. Primus does not currently offer Operator Service for VoIP Services.
- Dry Loop DSL. If you requested Dry DSL Service from Primus, You understand and agree as follows:
- The Dry DSL Service is provisioned on a "dry loop" from the ILEC and cannot be used as a regular telephone line;
- Primus can only provision the Dry DSL Service to Your premises' central demarcation point. You are responsible for any coordination and hardware past this point, as well as Your internal wiring requirements; and
- Primus can only provide technical support for Your Dry DSL Service up to the demarcation point. Any technical issues beyond this point are Your responsibility.
- Automatic Outbound Dialers. Primus strictly forbids the use of any automatic outbound dialers of any kind in SIP Trunking Service. Use of an automatic outbound dialer may result in the immediate suspension of Your Service without notice. Primus reserves the right to charge full cancellation fees for the remaining term of Your Service agreement.
- Outbound Calls Per Second. Outbound calls from customer equipment will be limited to 1 call per second on SIP Trunking Service.
- Call Completion. Outbound call completion on SIP Trunking Service must be at 70% on average.
- Caller Line ID. Caller Line ID on SIP Trunking Service must be a name and number that You are authorized to use and in accordance with CRTC regulations. By changing the caller line ID You understand and acknowledge these regulations.
- Utilization. The average utilization of Unmetered SIP channels is limited to 50% over the length of a billing month on the SIP Trunking Service.
- Average Call Duration. Average call duration must be 2 (two) minutes or greater for any billing month on the SIP Trunking Service.
- Inbound vs. Outbound Ratio. The inbound vs. outbound ratio must be at least 60% inbound for any billing month on the SIP Trunking Service.
- Collect Calls. Collect calls are blocked on VoIP Services.
- Long Distance. Long distance cannot be PIC'd away from Primus on VoIP Services.
- Premium 900/976 Dialing. Premium 900/976 Dialing is blocked on VoIP Services.
- Copyright. Use of any audio or video content on the SIP Trunking Service is strictly limited to content You are authorized to use. You acknowledge and agree to this by uploading any audio or video content and are responsible for any fees associated in obtaining and using any copyright material.
- Termination. Primus reserves the right to terminate Your Service without notice should You be found in violation of Your Service agreement or the above terms for VoIP Services.
- Revised September 24, 2018 -