We're Here to Help
- Canadian Calling Cards and Phone Cards
- Choose from the most popular cards and call from Canada/US to anywhere in the world!
- A variety of card types available such as; Low Fee, Connection Fee and No Fee phone cards
- Low rates
- Call from your home, office or mobile phone any time of day
Frequently Asked Questions
When will my Long Distance service be active?
Your Primus Long Distance should become active within 5-7 business days. To confirm your long distance is with Primus you can call 1-700-555-4141. This is a toll-free number maintained by the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (or CRTC) that when called will repeat a recorded message informing you of the current long distance carrier for the line called.
Do I need to cancel my long distance with my current provider?
There is no need to cancel your existing long distance. Primus will do that for you.
Can I use my long distance plan when I am not at home?
Long Distance plans only cover calls placed from your home telephone. If you wish to make long distance calls when you are away from home, we offer competitive rates on our calling cards. Please click here for details.
What makes Primus different?
Primus offers great service and savings by bringing you more value for your money. Our customers enjoy unlimited internet, faster speeds, exclusive home phone features such as Telemarketing Guard, the My Home Phone portal, and more.
What is E-care?
With Primus E-Care you can conveniently manage your Primus account online. Simply register at ecare.primustel.ca. With E-Care you can:
- Access your Primus account 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Manage your services and add new ones
- Pay your bill online
- Update your billing address and phone number(s)
- Sign-up for e-billing to receive your monthly invoice by email
- Set-up preauthorized monthly payments
Why do I need to provide an email address?
A valid email address is required as you will receive activation correspondence through email. Rest assured your email information will not be sold or distributed to other organizations or companies.
How are my services billed?
Fees for most services are billed one month in advance, except for long distance charges which are billed after they are incurred. Your first invoice will contain a partial fee for services incurred from your activation date to the end of your first billing period plus the service fees for your next month. For more details on how to read your invoice, click here.
What details will my invoice include?
Your bills are monthly statements of your account activity. Your bill will show your amount due as well as the payments, refunds, discounts, credits and fees that are applied to your account during the billing period.
How will I receive my bill?
Primus offers electronic billing. If you do not have access to email we can offer paper billing.
When will I receive my next invoice?
Primus will bill you monthly around the same time each month. So, if your current invoice is dated on the 15th of the month, you will get billed next month on the 15th.
What payment options do I have?
You can pay for your Primus services in the following ways:
- At most financial institutions (online, in person or by phone)
- Pre-authorized payment
- Online through E-Care at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Over the phone by credit card
- By mailing a cheque or money order Primus Canada, PO Box 4662 STN A, Toronto, ON, M5W 5H4
My payments are pre authorized. Will I receive a bill?
Yes. When you sign up for pre authorized payments you will continue to receive an invoice from Primus Canada before your payment due date. The invoice will contain details of your services within your billing period and you will have a chance to review charges before your pre authorized payment is processed.