As Canada’s largest alternative telecommunications service provider offering residential and business services, positive and progressive is how we describe the Primus Canada team.
We are comprised of a wide range of dedicated professionals who have one thing in common – devotion to this exciting and dynamic industry.
We welcome motivated, professional, and creative leaders who thrive on growth and opportunity to join our amazing team.
You’ll be challenged. You’ll be inspired. You’ll be proud. Whatever your job is here, you will make a difference!
The NOCC Technician is responsible for the monitoring, troubleshooting and maintaining all aspects of Primus Telecommunications Canada’s voice and data networks.
- Monitoring and managing of alarms via monitoring system to identify and troubleshoot network and service platform faults
- Identifying trends and report any discrepancies to Manager and Network Monitoring Specialist
- Determining fault isolation by troubleshooting of alarms received via network surveillance
- Responding and resolving service problems by providing resolution for Primus Canada’s Voice and Data related Services
- Communicating network outages to appropriate departments and ensuring internal and external teams have up to date information
- Reporting any network troubles to appropriate Telcos and Vendors while interfacing with them to ensure prompt resolution
- Developing and implementing new approaches that present ongoing benefits to system/network manageability and reliability
- Documenting all problems reported via trouble ticket system
- Monitoring and investigating NOCC ticket queue frequently and ensuring that tickets are actioned within SLA
- Providing customers with timely notification of service impacting outages and providing regular updates via Service Status Dashboard and Email Bulletin systems
- Coordinating network maintenance schedules with appropriate departments
- Creating MACD (Move/Add/ Change/ Delete) Work Orders for Testing and Acceptance
- Responding to 911/PSAP/Police inquiries as required
- Providing back up for TAC/VSS and Fraud operations during afterhours coverage
- Post-Secondary education in Networking or Telecommunications
- 3 + years of Telecommunication experience in voice and data
- A current Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certificate
- Experience in maintenance and troubleshooting of TCP/IP, ATM
- Advanced knowledge of Windows and Unix platforms and their respective TCP/IP stacks
- Knowledge of Internet networking and associated hardware
- Experience creating and interpreting technical documents and reports
- IP Telephony and Voice Switching is an asset
This description is intended as a guide to reflect the principal functions of the job. However, it is not an all-inclusive listing of the required job functions.
Please submit your application for this position by Applying Online
Primus Telecommunications Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in the workplace, are committed to Employment Equity and will provide reasonable workplace accommodation to applicants with disabilities. All interested individuals, including those who consider themselves to be aboriginal, visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No agencies and/or telephone applications please.