The Business Support Technician is responsible for providing our corporate Primus Business Services customer-group and end-users with Technical Support in a Contact Centre environment.
- Providing professionally prompt, and uniquely outstanding technical support to Primus’ Corporate customers
- Conducting follow up calls to customers on pending tickets to resolve outstanding issues, ensuring satisfaction and quick problem resolution
- Encouraging expanded use of Primus’ services and solutions through upselling wherever possible
- Documenting technical challenges and issues resolution (against client files) to demonstrate time line resolution, and solution, and client experience history
- Responding to customer inquiries via email or other written forms, as requested by client
- Referring or escalating appropriate calls to other departments (such as Level II, MSA, Network Admin, etc.) when necessary
- Post-secondary education in internet technology, networking or a related field preferred
- 2 or more years of Technical Support, Help Desk, Customer Service experience
- Knowledge of networks and IP allocation
- Advanced knowledge of PC including PC hardware / software skills – hardware, installations, troubleshooting, conflicts, etc.
- Technical knowledge around maintenance and troubleshooting of Windows 95/98/XP/vista/7, Windows NT and their respective
- Internet dialers and TCP/IP stacks
- Working knowledge of MAC OS, Unix and DOS
- Advanced knowledge of DNS, Mail Servers, Dial-up Servers, Name and Authentication Servers
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Access, and mail clients
- Bilingual (English/French) is an asset
This description is intended as a guide to reflect the principal functions of the job. However, it is not an all-inclusive listing of the required job functions.
Please submit your application for this position by Applying Online
Primus Telecommunications Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in the workplace, are committed to Employment Equity and will provide reasonable workplace accommodation to applicants with disabilities. All interested individuals, including those who consider themselves to be aboriginal, visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No agencies and/or telephone applications please.