- • Receipt of trouble tickets for migrated circuits with all Provisioning LECS across Canada
- • Manage trouble tickets within agreed MTTR targets
- • Metallic testing of each migrated loop
- • Activation of corresponding telephone numbers in NPAC when required
- • Tracking and documentation of test results including failed provisioning
- • Working closely with ILEC Co-Ordination to report test results to resolve Failed Provisioning
- • Working closely with ILEC Co-Ordination and National LECs for co-operative testing when required
- • Working closely with Network Operations to identify and assist in resolving co-location equipment troubles
- • Effectively interact with all levels of employees within Globility Communications and Primus Canada
- • Receipt of 555 notifications for migrated circuits from all Provisioning LECS across Canada
- • Load all telephone numbers in Telica for due date minus 1
- • Co-ordination of all orders by due date and tracking of those orders missed by the Provisioning LECS
- • Act as a Single Point of Contact for Neustar and distribute maintenance and emergency notices as required
- • Tracking of test results for failed provisioning
- • Activation of corresponding telephone numbers in NPAC
- • Receipt and manage calls from all LECS across Canada for installation and repair
- • Working closely with Primus Field Services for testing when required
- • Work with ILEC Co-Ordinators in preparation of monthly reports for each National LEC for Failed Provisioning and Repair issues
- • Participation in monthly /weekly meetings as assigned (i.e. Bell, Neustar)
- • Documentation of Departmental Process and Procedures as required
- • Interacting with our offshore partners
- • Other duties and projects as assigned
- • Post-secondary education in internet technology or a related field preferred
- • 5 – 10 years of Telecommunications experience including the Local migrations of customer circuits and LNP
- • Certified Engineering Technology (CET) designation or equivalent is an asset
- • Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Visio and Outlook
- • Excellent internal and external communication skills including the ability to translate technical details to layman’s level.
- • Strong knowledge in current/emerging technologies – i.e. VOIP
- • Strong knowledge of Industry and Local Exchange Carrier (LEC) process and procedures including full knowledge of Industry standard Installation, Testing and Maintenance Guidelines
This description is intended as a guide to reflect the principal functions of the job. However, it is not an all-inclusive listing of the required job functions.
Please submit your application for this position by Applying Online
Primus Telecommunications Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in the workplace, are committed to Employment Equity and will provide reasonable workplace accommodation to applicants with disabilities. All interested individuals, including those who consider themselves to be aboriginal, visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No agencies and/or telephone applications please.