Primus Business Services core focus is on the following three areas:
- Hosted Voice
• Primus currently hosts over 13,000 seats on our advanced, feature rich hosted IP voice platform and we are the largest Hosted PBX provider in Canada. Our product features Polycom HDvoice through a variety of handset options. All of the many advanced features of HPBX can be configured and managed through an easy to use customer portal. We also offer multiple SIP trunking solutions which provide businesses a simple, cost effective transition to IP voice.
- Internet & Data
• Primus can provide from 3Mbps to 10 Gbps ethernet connectivity across Canada. Our next generation Ethernet internet product (BEX) offers cost effective alternative solutions in most major cities in Canada. We also offer integrated network solutions that incorporate your computing infrastructure located in one of our 8 data centres.
- Local Voice
• Primus offers a broad range of local voice products that are designed to help businesses communicate reliably including local business phone lines, PRIs, long distance, toll free and conferencing services.
- • Work strategically with our Direct Sales teams, leveraging your technical knowledge to promote and win business in competitive situations
- • Research and prepare for all customer meetings
- • Actively participate in discovery meetings, reviewing the customer’s technical requirements using a consultative approach - you are the Primus Technical Expert.
- • Record/document all requirements and outcomes from meetings
- • Leverage all Primus resources to help you design and document the best possible Primus Business solution(s) based on the customer requirements (business, budgetary and technical).
- • Clearly communicate the value of your solution to the prospective customer and promote the benefits of and endorse Primus Business Solutions in collaboration with the AE during;
- Client Meetings
- Solution presentations, including detailed system layout and network design.
- • Clearly communicate how best to differentiate Primus against the competition in each given scenario
- • Responsible for delivering “Clean Order Package” documentation to Provisioning including;
- reviewing and signing off on all orders with special attention to Data, HPBX and Enterprise customer contracts and forms
- clearly communicating your technical solutions to internal provisioning teams for implementation
- supply accurate network diagrams
- supply a scope of work when required
- • Ensure appropriate setting of customer expectations with respect to product solution, Primus and Customer provisioning activities and reasonable provisioning timelines.
- • Assist the Sales Development team in facilitating training for new hires. Specifically accountable for;
- Product & Services Overview
- Day to Day Tools, Systems and Process training
- • Identify the need for, create and deliver supplemental product training as required
- • Provide customer HPBX user training as required
- • Identify skill gaps and process gaps within the organization providing constructive feedback to Management
- • Act as a Product Prime, contributing as a “Subject Matter Expert” for an assigned product portfolio as required.
- liaise between the Product Manager and the TSS team to ensure all information/queries exchanged between Product Management and the TSS team are filtered, tracked, and documented for ongoing learning
- responsible for documenting all the products questions/answers
- responsible for communicating common questions/solutions and all Product Management service updates specific to the portfolio to the TSS group as a whole
- • Contribute to New Product Introduction supplying technical expertise as well as developing and delivering Product training to the National Sales Teams and other TSS.
- • Proactively provide feedback to the Product team on product gaps as well as any relevant competitive, market and customer feedback.
- • University Degree or Post-Secondary College education (Certificate/Diploma) in IT, Computer Science or related field.
- • Technical Sales Support experience in the Telecommunications Industry.
- • 1-3 years experience in selling IP commercial products.
- • Extensive experience in Voice Services, VoIP Solutions, SIP Trunking, PRI and Traditional Lines.
- • Extensive experience in Data Services, MPLS, PVLAN, port speeds and various internet access technologies.
- • Any Cisco Certification would be an asset.
- • Comprehensive knowledge of Layer2 and Layer3 technologies.
- • Understanding of various internet technologies such as ADSL, T1, fixed wireless and Ethernet.
- • Experience in designing WAN solutions using various technologies such as MPLS, PVLAN and VPN.
- • Experience in designing firewall solutions to provide network security, VPN access (IPSec/SSL) and UTM.
- • Understanding of PBX systems setup (experience in Hosted PBX is a plus).
- • Knowledge of various voice applications such as Call Center, IVR, ACD and Unified Communications features.
- • Hands-on experience with Cisco routers and switches is a plus.
- • Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Visio.
- • Strong interpersonal skills for effective interaction with clients and third parties.
- • Ability to sell, persuade and negotiate.
- • Good oral and written communication skills with the ability to respond to customer inquires via telephone as well as email in a professional and efficient manner.
- • Ability to create and interpret technical documents and reports.
This description is intended as a guide to reflect the principal functions of the job. However, it is not an all-inclusive listing of the required job functions.
Please submit your application for this position by Applying Online
Primus Telecommunications Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in the workplace, are committed to Employment Equity and will provide reasonable workplace accommodation to applicants with disabilities. All interested individuals, including those who consider themselves to be aboriginal, visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No agencies and/or telephone applications please.