- • Serve as the single point of contact for internal customers on any collection or billing related issues as requested.
- • Assist the collections team and the team manager with creating and updating documentation and records, as well as performing follow-up and investigation as required (this may include but is not limited to sending out letters, preparing packages for approval, updating customer address changes, inputting information changes, credits, and set-ups for preauthorized payments).
- • Follow procedures for the Suspension and disconnection of services for past due accounts.
- • Continually review suspended accounts; reactivate the service for customers when full payment is received.
- • Send final disconnection notices to accounts that remain suspended and unpaid; permanently disconnect these accounts within the given time frame.
- • Identify disconnected accounts with an outstanding balance for third party collections.
- • Suggest, implement & assist, with compiling reports for analysis and submission as related to reaching department goals & objectives.
- • Monitor third party collection performance.
- • Liaise with trustees for bankruptcy and receivership accounts.
- • Input all PAP forms received through Collections and process all OTP payments that arrive by Fax.
- • Follow up on returned mail & returned payments and if appropriate assign to collector for follow-up.
- • Maintain filing systems for suspensions, PD’d accounts, write offs and bankruptcies to ensure compliance with SOX requirements.
- • Process checks received to the central processing centre.
- • Identify and communicate areas of improvement within the department to management. Participate in initiatives to make process improvements and to achieve team targets.
- • Assist Senior Collectors on larger disputes as requested
- • Handle return mail
- • Other duties, as assigned
- • Experience in an office environment in Credit/Collections, Accounts Receivable and/or Customer Service preferred
- • Post Secondary Education (Certificate/Diploma) in Accounting and/or equivalent
- • Knowledge of Telecom Industry an asset
- • Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- • Experience with a billing systems (preferably PCS, Primo and IX Plus)
- • Strong interpersonal skills for effective interaction with customers, co-workers and managers.
- • Superior customer service skills.
- • Be comfortable in situations that need to obtain agreement or consensus from customers, team members or other departments.
- • Strong oral/written English communication skills with the ability to create and interpret basic reports and for general correspondence
- • Knowledge of accounting practices & business practices.
- • Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- • Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- • Excellent judgement, problem solving and decision making skills.
This description is intended as a guide to reflect the principal functions of the job. However, it is not an all-inclusive listing of the required job functions.
Please submit your application for this position by Applying Online
Primus Telecommunications Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in the workplace, are committed to Employment Equity and will provide reasonable workplace accommodation to applicants with disabilities. All interested individuals, including those who consider themselves to be aboriginal, visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No agencies and/or telephone applications please.