- • Responsible for collecting, verifying, and processing the payroll for hourly and salaried employees for 750 Primus Canada employees
- • Receive sand uploads electronic timesheets for all employees.
- • Follows up on discrepancies in the information provided, as required.
- • Calculates hours, computing, processing adjustments and deducting various amounts (employment insurance, taxes, benefit premiums and other payroll deductions)
- • Distribute pay stubs f or employees not receiving electronic pay stubs, to applicable departmental contacts in a timely manner.
- • Provide back-up coverage and support for UK and US payroll administrators.
- • Upload file changes to payroll such as salary, address changes and banking information.
- • Primary liaison for Payroll related issues for all Canadian employees . troubleshoot payroll related issues and resolve discrepancies.
- • Secondary liaison for Payroll related issues for UK and US employees.
- • Maintains records of attendance; creates and distributes employee attendance records.
- • Responsible for all payroll reporting and remittances.
- • Process manual payroll related cheque runs, as required.
- • Responsible for issuing ROEs.
- • Manage payroll year-end process to ensure accurate and timely reported information; ensures the creation and timely distribution of T2200, T4s, and W2s.
- • Ensures payroll tax payments are in compliance with applicable federal, provincial and local tax laws and regulations. Is up-to-date with tax changes and regulations and make any necessary changes to the system or process as applicable.
- • Prepares payroll related journal entries and reports; responsible for monthly reconciliation of payroll related accounts to ensure accurate balances and compliance with related policies and regulations e.g. EHT, WSIB, payroll taxes etc.
- • Prepares monthly payments and annual reconciliation to Workers Compensation Boards and annual reconciliations for EHT
- • Responsible for maintenance of all payroll related data
- • Implements and tests process controls
- • Liaises with external auditors, external vendors, tax consultants, Workplace Safety Boards, and government agencies on payroll related matters. Prepares and provides support and information.
- • Ensures that the company is in compliance with statutes and regulations related to payroll, including enforcing compliance issues and participation in audits. Accountable for payroll SOX compliance and regular audits
- • Report generation
- • Maintains Payroll procedures manual
- • Post Secondary College education (Certificate/Diploma) . Business; Accounting; Payroll; Workers Compensation; Human Resources.
- • Minimum 5 years of Payroll Management/ Administration experience.
- • 2 years benefit administration experience
- • US Payroll experience
- • UK Payroll experience is an asset
- • PCP or PMP
- • Thorough knowledge of payroll legislation and applicable tax laws
- • Proficient in Payroll software - thorough understanding of Ceridian/ADP and accompanying reports.
- • Exceptional PC Skills - MS Office - Word, Outlook, Excel. Access.
This description is intended as a guide to reflect the principal functions of the job. However, it is not an all-inclusive listing of the required job functions.
Please submit your application for this position by Applying Online
Primus Telecommunications Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in the workplace, are committed to Employment Equity and will provide reasonable workplace accommodation to applicants with disabilities. All interested individuals, including those who consider themselves to be aboriginal, visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No agencies and/or telephone applications please.