- • Assist NOC and Technical Support by resolving service related customer/network outage tickets and network-wide trouble tickets.
- • Designing new service product offerings
- • Identify reoccurring service issues and work with team to resolve.
- • Build automation into all parts of day-to-day tasks and duties.
- • Complete Work Requests from peer service groups.
- • Provide Network Release details to the NOCC with regards to implementing network change requirements into the Primus Network infrastructure.
- • Report and analyze performance and trends within the Primus Canada Infrastructure.
- • Keep up to date on all security / network integrity / abuse issues that related in whole or in part to the Primus Network.
- • On call duties as per requirement, must be accessible after hours for server problems or outages.
- • Work on various maintenances & projects as required.
- • As directed, complete and perform Work Order. This includes, but is not limited to new build outs, changes to the existing infrastructure, and moving services/equipment around to better facilitate optimal server performance.
- • Work on various projects as required.
- • 4 to 7 years of Systems Administration or System Analysis (Unix/Linux)
- • Post-Secondary Education (Certificate/Diploma) in IT
- • Advanced Knowledge of Windows & Linux (RHEL / CentOS / Debian preferred)
- • Advanced Knowledge of Enterprise Storage systems (NFS, SAN)
- • Advanced Knowledge of virtualization technologies (VMWare preferred)
- • Advanced knowledge of Internet Protocols (i.e.: DNS, RADIUS, SMTP, POP3, IMAP, HTTP, HTTPS, NNTP, NTP, NFS, SNMP, LDAP, etc.)
- • Working knowledge or understanding of Perl, PHP, or Java programming
- • Working knowledge and understanding of SOAP Web Services and RESTful Web Services
- • Working knowledge of network and systems security
- • Working experience with Netscreen firewalls and F5 loadbalancers
- • Working knowledge of Database Applications (i.e. Mysql, Postgres SQL, Oracle, MS SQL)
- • Experience building scalable architectures / platforms
- • Proven track record of designing and building new technologies and services
- • Good interpersonal skills for effective interaction with clients and third parties.
- • Ability to participate in vendor related discussions
This description is intended as a guide to reflect the principal functions of the job. However, it is not an all-inclusive listing of the required job functions.
Please submit your application for this position by Applying Online
Primus Telecommunications Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in the workplace, are committed to Employment Equity and will provide reasonable workplace accommodation to applicants with disabilities. All interested individuals, including those who consider themselves to be aboriginal, visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No agencies and/or telephone applications please.