- • Post Secondary College education (Certificate/Diploma) in Networking, Telecommunications and/or equivalent.
- • 2 years Spectrum and eHealth experience (CA certifications for eHealth or Spectrum administration a definite asset).
- • 3 years of Systems Administration or Analysis Experience (Unix/Linux).
- • Experience and in depth knowledge of the SNMP protocol and associated technology
- • Experience with other monitoring platforms such as Nagios a definite asset.
- • Possess a strong working knowledge of policies and procedures pertaining to network management, security, maintenance and utilization.
- • Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP, ATM, MPLS, IP Telephony and Voice Switching.
- • NOC experience is an asset.
- • Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to create and maintain NMS related documentation, and use these skills to train staff effectively.
- • Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to respond to customer clients and vendors via telephone as well as email in a professional and efficient manner.
- • Ability to create and interpret technical documents and reports.
- • Good problem solving and decision making skills.
- • Ability to multitask under pressure in a team environment
This description is intended as a guide to reflect the principal functions of the job. However, it is not an all-inclusive listing of the required job functions.
Please submit your application for this position by Applying Online
Primus Telecommunications Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in the workplace, are committed to Employment Equity and will provide reasonable workplace accommodation to applicants with disabilities. All interested individuals, including those who consider themselves to be aboriginal, visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No agencies and/or telephone applications please.