- • Monitor, maintain, support and repair customers’ data, and internet networks including (but not limited to) firewalls, load-balancers, VPNs, WANs, switches and routers.
- • Configure new Cisco firewalls, load-balancers, switches and routers
- • Assist with the design of managed networks for Managed Services customers utilizing various network devices and technologies
- • Monitor customer networks and devices
- • Pro-actively identify problems and improper functioning of the customer network. Resolve network problems providing efficient and timely solution.
- • Resolve customer network outages. Recommend and perform remedial actions to eliminate similar future troubles.
- • Provide support in defining and implementing network improvements, moves, additions and changes as required on a per-customer basis
- • Perform and document network backups and routine maintenance of managed network devices
- • Document network moves, additions and changes. Maintain accurate records of network problems reported and resolutions provided for future reference.
- • Implement pre and post-sales requirements from network perspective and provide customer support on an SLA basis
- • Implement or oversee the implementation of measures to prevent reoccurrence of problems.
- • Develop and implement innovation approaches that present ongoing benefits in areas of improving system/network manageability and reliability.
- • Test, demonstrate, document new products as requested and provide recommendations for use as a Managed Services product. Provide training to team members and other teams to support these devices.
- • Review daily logs for all managed devices.
- • Perform needs assessments with all new Managed Network clients.
- • Escalate tickets to Vendors on behalf of Managed Services customers to have defective hardware replaced.
- • Perform on-site Managed Network Administration when remote connectivity isn’t available.
NOTE: Required to work overtime and off-hours as dictated by customer network outages and troubles. Weekend and shift work may be necessary to ensure 24X7 coverage.
- • Post-Secondary College Education (Certificate/Diploma) in Networking, Telecommunications, IT or equivalent.
- • 5+ years experience with Cisco products including firewalls, routers and switches,
- • 3 to 5 years experience preferably some being in Managed Services or Network Consulting.
- • Minimum Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), CCSP and/or CCNP are a definite asset.
- • Strong working knowledge of Cisco ASA, IPS/IDS and Fortinet products.
- • Good working knowledge of routers, remote access servers, routing protocols and network troubleshooting.
- • Experience with network design and implementation
- • Knowledge of Interior and Exterior routing protocols, QoS, and policy-based routing.
- • Knowledge of Firewalls, VPNs and network security products & practices.
- • Excellent verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills.
This description is intended as a guide to reflect the principal functions of the job. However, it is not an all-inclusive listing of the required job functions.
Please submit your application for this position by Applying Online
Primus Telecommunications Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in the workplace, are committed to Employment Equity and will provide reasonable workplace accommodation to applicants with disabilities. All interested individuals, including those who consider themselves to be aboriginal, visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No agencies and/or telephone applications please.